Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nippy Noodle Restaurant @ Jalan Kuchai Lama

I came accross a few good review on this Nippy noodle restaurant, therefore I decided to give it a try last month.

Photobucket

What makes this shop out standing from others? Nippy Noodle Restaurant make their own noodles daily, with fresh duck egg and knit the dough using bamboo. I guess not much people actually knit the dough using bamboo nowadays, more like you can spot it in TV instead.

Photobucket

We did some quick order and make it possible to try as much food as we can since there's good review out there. One more thing I noted there is that they will close their shop earlier as long as they sold off their noodles that day.

Photobucket
All tables are stick with the steps they make the noodle, of course not including their secret recipe.

After a short while, our food is served...

Photobucket
Sui Kao soup is more like a must whenever I go when it's available. Too bad it taste very normal and nothing much outstanding compare to others shops. My aunt Sui Kao or Canton-I wan is much tastier I can say.

Photobucket
We order Siew Yuk and intestine as well. To me the Siew Yuk is not satisfying at all. The ratio's of the meat and fats part make it taste so normal that you won't have the eager to have next piece. For the intestine, nothing much difference I could say....

Photobucket
We order a small plate of vege along the dinner. The price for this small plate of vege is damn expensive. I don't think it's worth it...

Photobucket
One thing that I can praise about is their char siew. The char siew is nice but the noodle is ordinary. I can't find any special about the noodle on the taste or texture. I can say the wan tan mee stalls in OUG is much nicer =]

Photobucket
TeeJay ordered the noodle with Chicken feet, it's quite some time since we ever have it in KL. I guess we just get to eat it during dim sum session in KL.

Photobucket
Ade noodle with mushroom. I guess that's nothing much to elaborate on the mushroom...

Photobucket
As usual my cousin and his gf along with me for food review =]


I guess the conclusion for the food review is Not Nice, Expensive, and Bye! xD

4 comments:

  1. expensive not nice..probably i wont go again lor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love their noodles, that's all! =)
    other like Char Siew is just normal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nikel
    I never go back there ady wan... haha

    @Baboon
    Erms, very ordinary to me lor...

    ReplyDelete